I’ve been studying a lot of things lately and one of the major things I’ve learned in this process is that success does not come immediately and it doesn’t come easy.
But I’ve also learned that it is a process and it starts with changing yourself and becoming a successful person way before you actually see the outside results of success. From what I can see, the steps to success are as follows:
- Believe. Believe in yourself. Believe in your goals. Believe in the ideas you are passionate about.
- Work on yourself. Change. Find where you are lacking and improve.
- Set some goals. Make a commitment. Write it down. Be detailed. It doesn’t matter if it may change, just make the plan, because power comes from thinking through the goals.
- Listen to feedback. From yourself. From a mentor. From a trusted group. Weigh it all and follow those ideas which help you reach the goals you made, but also be open to adjustments. You may not reach your goal in the way you planned, but be consistent and you will make it.
- Work the plan. This is where the rubber meets the road. The first four steps are small compared to this one. Of course, you also can see this as something of a loop, because once you started, you will see more things you can do and start the process all over again.
Any kind of personal development topic could fit in one of these five areas. Tactical or strategic…all of them could make it in here.
Do you agree? Does this framework cover everything? I’d love to know what you think so please leave a comment below.